Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010 - Children's Mass & Alvin!

Overall today went well -- the children's Mass was really nice and Manuel and Esperanza loved it. I did too especially realizing that one of the lessons was Corinthians 13 -- "Now abide faith, hope and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love". It took me a little bit to catch on in Spanish to what was being read, but I just love that verse and it's definitely something I needed to hear!

Fer and Wendy enjoyed being there a lot more with Tomas. Here are some pics the girls took before, us at the church, and then after enjoying some cotton candy that Manuel was kind enough to buy for them.






When we got back, we made lunch and then the girls played for a little while before we walked over to the Unicentro to get our ticket for Alvin and the Chipmunks (Alvin y Las Ardillas). We got there pretty early, and I thought the girls would want to walk around, but not so much. So we sat and talked -- they wanted to hear the whole story of how Papi and Mami met, so I told them that. Then, we did walk over to Exito for a little window shopping.

They enjoyed the movie, especially the popcorn and soda!




When we returned another family had arrived at the hotel, a French family who adopted their daughter 6 years ago and are now back to adopt a second baby. I realize in trying to speak to them how completely my Spanish has replaced my French which is kind of sad to me. Of course at this point I'd much rather have the Spanish -- in face, it's essential!! -- but it feels so strange to not remember the most basic things in a language I really used to speak well!

Tomorrow, our first day with no camp! Laura is going to come in the late morning for English with the girls, and I am going to try to wrangle the child who is not doing a lesson with her into some other schoolwork. In the late afternoon, they can each take a class at Fitness Infantil, so that will be some exercise. But it's not the same for Mami as the whole morning taken care of!! Oh well, I will try to adjust. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine, I love being able to follow your journey of adopting Wendy and Fer. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. God Bless.You, Chris and the girls are in my prayers and I hope your are able to complete the process and return to the States in short order! Love, Anne

Anonymous said...

Thank you Anne! We are still waiting on the courts and have no real sense how long that will take. Of course we hope for not too much longer! Thank you also for your prayers -- we really appreciate them. love, Catherine