Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27 2010 Bogota - Monserrate

After we picked the girls up from Fitness Infantil, we came back to the hotel for lunch and then went with Laura to Monserrate. The Spanish couple decided not to join us because Tomas has had a cold and they were worried about him being in the colder air up on the mountain. That was a good call, because not only was it kind of chilly, it also drizzled a bit.

Here are some pics:











When we got back, we had some much-needed tea & hot chocolate, and then the girls played for awhile and Mom and I hung out. Fer and I worked out a subsitute arrangement for Divercity in that she is going to give up a day of computer use instead, so that's taken care of (for those of you closely following my parenting travails). I was really touched that when I asked her to write what had happened and then to write what are the rules of the family, she wrote "Palabras amables. Paz. Amor." (Kind words. Peace. Love.) I guess some of our conversations have made an impression!

We had a late-ish dinner and then the girls played with Tomas some and also hung out a bit with a nice Dutch couple who are staying here as they are attending some sort of charismatic Christian convention. After we called Papi (still working on the switch!) I read them two books, then Kitty, then bed! It's getting late so I will turn in as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Still following along -- love all the details and the pics :)
Liz.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Liz!! hope you all are well and can't wait to see you when we get back. :)