Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 1, 2010 - First Day of School!!

The girls had their first day of school today and it couldn't have gone better! They were both very shy and nervous this morning, but gave me a smile as they went off with their classes, which sustained me throughout the day. When I saw them again at 2:30, they were in great shape! Fer couldn't stop talking about her "amigos" in her classroom who had been so friendly and even bought her a "paquete" -- a bag of chips -- at lunch. She pronounced the school "chevere" (cool) and before we went down to swim said to me, "Ay, yo quiero ir a colegio ya!" (Oh, I want to go to school already!) Her teacher was very impressed by her behavior and her work ethic. Wendy was not so bubbly though she did show me her desk and the desks of her amigos nearby, and her teacher also had a good report for her, saying that she had followed the material very well today. Fer stayed after school with Wendy's teacher to work on homework, and Wendy and I waited and got her homework done as well. When we came home, Fer wanted to get to work immediately on the last page of HW that remained, and after that we went for a swim before dinner, playtime with Papi, Kitty and bed! They went to bed at 7:50 -- they were both tired.

Some pics from today (aren't they cute, if I do say so myself!!):





No comments: