Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mami's in Cali, Papi's in Charge!

I'm out in Oakland right now visiting Christine and Matt and Jack. So no, not the Cali in Colombia, I'm in the Cali in our very own U.S. of A. It has been wonderful to have a mini-vacation, and thanks so much to Papi who is holding down the fort at home with the girls and to all reports doing a wonderful job and having a great time! The girls threatened before I left that they would be throwing all their clothes on the floor, staying up all night, eating cake for dinner, etc. because I guess the idea of Papi being in charge meant Party Time to them, but unless they're all keeping the secret very well, so far it has been routines as usual and a good time had by all.

Last night I had the great pleasure of meeting Julei, who has submitted a Letter of Intent to adopt Hugo and Leidy. She lives quite near to Oakland and had me and Christine over for dinner, along with her sister and her friend Laura who is in process to adopt Maria, who was hosted with Leidy this past summer. It was so great to meet all of them, and as Julei and I said to each other, it feels like we will be in-laws! I think she will be a fabulous sister-in-law -- we had a really good time together. Below, some pics of all of us:

Mamas and Aunts (me and Julei in the middle):



Julei and me with her dog:



With Laura, who is adopting Maria:



And, with Wendy's Ken doll, whom she insisted I bring with me, for reasons unknown. :)


No comments: