Thursday, October 29, 2009

Still at Regional . . .

We heard today that our dossier is still at the Regional office -- I guess whatever issues there are with the girls' paperwork have still not been resolved. Sigh. This is hard.

But on a happy note, we've been given permission to visit Wendy and Fer again, so we are planning to go down to Colombia over Thanksgiving. I will be there from Sunday to Saturday, and Chris will come on Wednesday and stay til Saturday. Hopefully I can visit the girls' school at the fundacion (if they are still in school then) and maybe we can do a fun day trip or two.

I called the girls today and we had the usual somewhat awkward conversation what with the bad connection, the language barrier, and being thousands of miles apart. One bright spot: I was saying goodbye to Fer and I told her "Te quiero mucho" and she replied "yo tambien." It's one of the first times she's said much beyond "si", "no" and "bien". (Last time I called she did tell me that it was raining, though it took three tries as I thought she was saying that someone was crying! The words are similar in Spanish.) It will be so good to see them both again. Three and a half weeks!!

No comments: