Friday, June 26, 2009

More Prep

This morning I started organizing the backpacks that we will take to them as welcome presents at the airport. Each backpack will have a teddy bear that I knitted in the colors of the Colombian flag, some playing cards, and a little Hello Kitty pack of pens, notebook and an activity book. Also a bottled water and a snack as they will probably be thirsty/hungry after a long flight.

I also worked on their photo albums -- one of the projects for this summer is to make photo albums of our time together so the children can take them back to Colombia as keepsakes and as a way of processing the experience. The ones I bought have room for 200 photos (!!) so partly to take up some space but more because I thought it would help them acclimate, I decided to start off the albums with pictures of family and friends whom they will meet this summer. If you looked at our wall calendar you saw that we have lots of events planned! I'm hoping that the albums will be a way to familiarize them with the people in our lives who are eager to meet them.




Still needed: those floaty armbands for the pool, a rug for their room, and after this month of end-of-school-disorganization, groceries. We'll take care of all that this weekend.

3 more days!!! :) :)

No comments: