Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

We headed up to Tivoli for Father's Day to celebrate Chris, Matt and Grand-Dad. The girls made Chris beautiful cards and also had the chance to get some cousin-time with Jack and Daphne. We definitely thought of the other fathers in the family and send Father's Day love to Grandpa Jack, Uncle Terrill and Uncle Aaron!




When we got home, we continued the Father's Day theme with a Family Movie Night, watching "Father of the Bride, Part II."


I think all the talk of babies in that movie (the storyline is that both the mother and daughter are pregnant at the same time) as well as time with little cousins must have stirred some deep thoughts, because as we were getting ready for bed, Wendy asked me, "Why didn't you come get us when we were little?" and Fer chimed in "Yeah, like when we were one or two?" I could only answer that I wished I could have, but it wasn't possible. It's such an amazing and in some ways random series of events that brought our little family together -- incredible to reflect on, and I don't very often, but last night I certainly did after their questions.


No comments: