Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back Home from Orlando

I had a great reunion with Fer and Wendy yesterday after being gone for a long weekend. I got home from the airport and had about an hour to unpack and start laundry and then went off to pick up the girls and go with them for the dogs. They were very excited to see me, came running out of the gym for hugs and off we went to get their bags. I told them that now it was time to go get the dogs and Wendy added "so the family can be together!" Apparently they had a good weekend with Chris -- they enjoyed Papi date night on Friday, on Saturday they went to Wendy's show rehearsal and then for a hair appointment and to the Cannings for a birthday dinner and sleepover, and on Sunday did church in the morning and went to see the movie the Lorax in the afternoon. So, all good.

When we got home I had a gift for each of them -- water bottles in their favorite colors that they had been wanting for their lunch bags for school. Fer had written me a letter the night before with questions:

"So, what is up? Can you tell me what fun things you did when you were gone? Did you make friends? What did you have for dinner? Did you have Marshmelos? Did you have fun? (Wendy thinks the same things I do) DO YOU STILL LOVE US!!"

Didn't get to answer all of them in the excitement but these are my thoughts right now: Well, I'm home again and trying to transition back from one of the most amazing times in my life. Nope, what happens in Orlando stays in Orlando - Alcohol Fairy included. :) YES I DID and I miss them VERY MUCH!! Awesome tamales and other great food. No marshmallows. YES YES and YES again! With all my heart, and beyond words.

No comments: