Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's off to work for Grandma!

Fer and Wendy are wonderfully nurturing of their dolls and stuffed animals. The recent iCarly purple bears are their current favorites. They have named them Sophia (Fer's bear) and Daphne (Wendy's) and are basically pretending the bears are their babies -- they play at feeding them, putting them to bed, reading to them, and so on. This morning, we woke to the announcements that the Yonkers schools were closed today with the snowstorm and the NYC public schools were open. So Chris worked from home with the girls and I went to KIPP for the regular day. The girls got into their casual clothes and then carefully wrapped up their bears in sweaters for the ride to KIPP -- Chris kindly drove me as snow driving is not currently in my skill set. :) As we got in the elevator to go downstairs, Fer tenderly kissed Sophia and then let her know that, "Now we're taking Grandma to work!"

I had to laugh, but I don't think I'm quite ready to be Grandma -- I just adjusted to Mami!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm so happy that the girls are enjoying their bears!